Here is a pdf file you can use for the flashcards. Our Test is scheduled for October 25th.
The Honors Quake and Volcano Project is due October 22nd. Here are some links that can be used to find reliable information on the location that you signed up to research. Click on the WORD Document below to access the links for your specific location.
This is the handout that was distributed in class on Friday Oct 5th. The rubric and step-by-step instructions are included HERE.
Flashcards are in the previous post. Scroll down
Honors students also need to review the Packet for info on Geologic Time Scale and the formation of the Appalachian Mountains and Atlantic Ocean.
Students that MAKE these flashcards can earn Extra Credit on Test Day (Oct 5th). Here’s what you have to do:
- Print the document using the link below.
- Use 1/2 of a 3 x 5 index card for each term (or diagram)
- Either glue or write the left hand column on one side of the flashcard then put the corresponding right hand column on the other side of the flashcard. On the document, that means 2 flashcards per row.
- Use these to study important Vocabulary!
- On the Test Date, put your name and class period on the first flashcard. Rubber band your flashcards together and bring them to science class. Place your flashcards in the RED picnic basket before we take our test and get EXTRA CREDIT on your test.
Here is the link for the Plate Tectonics Flashcard document.
Due to the expected arrival of Hurricane Florence, I would like to move our TEST for the Rock Cycle and Branches of Earth Science UP to Wednesday September 12th. We will complete a study guide for the TEST in class on Monday September 10th. Students will be able to take their entire packet of materials home to use for review and study.
The Earth Science Pacing Guide will be adjusted as needed after Sept 19th.
Our work on Mapping Latitude and Longitude is due on Thursday August 30 in class. In order to help you plotting the coordinates, you can watch this Youtube video.
Please subscribe to my class blog by entering your email in the lower right hand corner of the home page.
Don’t forget to select your class!
Here is the welcome letter for this course.
Welcome Letter 2018-19
Here is the Pacing Guide or Syllabus for the 2018-19 school year.
Here is the document outlining our Classroom Expectations.
Mrs Brown Earth Science Class 2018-19
any questions? Email me at email@example.com